Local people to benefit from The West Kent Freemason’s support to local Civic Leaders and their chosen charities for 2019 – this time with a £12,000 donation.
The local boroughs covered were: Sevenoaks Town Council, Bexley; Bromley; Dartford; Royal Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks District Council.
The Masonic Province of West Kent hosted the presentation last night (14/11/2019) at Giacomo’s restaurant, Sevenoaks, which was attended by leaders of the following Councils:
The Mayor and Deputy Mayor Cllrs Nicholas Busvine OBE and Dr Merilyn Canet of Sevenoaks Town Council;
- The Mayor and Mayoress Cllr Roger and Mrs Perfitt of Dartford;
- The Mayor and Deputy Mayor Cllrs Geraldine Lucia-Hennis and James Hunt of Bexley;
- The Mayor and Deputy Mayor Cllrs Nicholas Bennett and Kira Gabbert of Bromley;
- The Mayor and Mayoress Cllr James and Mrs Scholes of Tunbridge Wells;
- Cllr John Edwards-Winser, chairman of Sevenoaks District Council.
Speaking at the event, the Provincial Grand Master of West Kent, Mark Estaugh, explained: “We are continuing to forge ever stronger links with our local communities, and be open and transparent about our organisation and its work. We are therefore delighted to support our community leaders once again with a donation towards their individual charities.”
The Charities benefitting are Saffa, The Air Cadets and Stag Theatre (Sevenoaks Town); Elenor (Dartford); Demelza (Sevenoaks District); Various Charities (Bexley); The Latch Project and Careplus (Bromley); Compaid (Tunbridge Wells);
One of the mayors present, Cllr John Edwards-Winser Chairman of Sevenoaks District Council said: “The West Kent Freemasons donation will significantly increase my contribution to Demelza during my year in office.