Freemasonry Cares is a joint initiative of the central Masonic Charities and offers confidential guidance on the financial, healthcare and family help available to Freemasons and their dependants.
Who is eligible?
- Freemasons under the United Grand Lodge of England,
- Dependants of a Freemason under UGLE – usually a wife, partner, widow or child
- A limited range of assistance is also available to grandchildren and other relatives of a Freemason under UGLE
What help is available?
- Essential daily living costs
- Funeral bills
- Minor home repairsHardship faced following an accident, redundancy or other personal crisis
- Medical treatment
- Dental treatment
- Mobility aids and essential home adaptions
- Respite care
Family – Children in full time education or younger
- Maintenance allowances and welfare support
- Support for children and young people with severe disabilities
- Educational costs such as IT equipment, course materials, school uniforms and travel
- Scholarships and accommodation for students and post graduates
- Grants to support young people with exceptional talent in music, sport or the performing arts
Family – Older people (65+)
- Care homes – nursing, residential and dementia care
- Care adviceHolidays
Eligibility usually depends on the income and savings of the individual and other relevant criteria.
If you wish to directly contact Freemasonry Cares click here: http://www.freemasonrycares.org/